Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tim Whittler - Audit Associate - San Francisco

Before starting with KPMG I went to school at UC Santa Barbara where I competed on the UCSB Triathlon team and found my love for cycling.  Now, as a first year associate with the Firm I am excited to continue to push myself in cycling by participating in such a tremendous event that will challenge me both physically and mentally.  Although Gene O’Kelly passed away before I began working with KPMG, the cause that we are riding for holds a big significance for me as I lost my Aunt to cancer in the Fall of 2002.  I believe that this tour will be a great opportunity to ride for an outstanding cause as well as provide us with a chance to experience a part of the states a lot of us have never seen.  So far my training has mostly consisted of indoor spins during the week with long rides on the weekend with a focus on climbing whenever possible.  While I am familiar with long hours on the bike I’ve never come close to putting down the miles like we will be doing and must admit that I’m a bit anxious so see how the various stages of soreness come and go throughout the trip.  Overall I am extremely excited to participate in this year’s Chasing Daylight Tour and look forward to challenge ahead.

No comments: