Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Team Clubine joins the Tour!

We have our first Father Son team for the Chasing Daylight tour, Michael Clubine a Senior Manager in the Advisory practice in Detroit and his father Arn Clubine. I am sure they will have a great time on the ride together. The Clubines are riding on some very nice bikes. They are going to be in the leaders pack!

Michael Clubine, Senior Manager-Advisory, Detroit

The pressure is on to get in shape for this year's Chasing Daylight Tour. This will be my second year riding the tour, and I am excited to have my father join me on the trip. I was able to recall one of my favorite memories of summer rides' past when Dad and I cycled from Buffalo, NY through Niagara Falls, Ontario and through Niagara-on-the- Lake as part of our training regime over Labor Day. Our last week-long cycling trip together took us from Buffalo to Albany, NY along the Erie Canal a few years ago. After a friend's father was diagnosed with
cancer last year, this ride has become all the more important to me. I believe that we're riding for an honorable cause and that we are making a real difference. The friends we make and relationships we develop during the ride are invaluable. I am riding a Look 555 on the
road and a Trek 6500 when training on the trail. I ride 2-3 times a week and supplement the riding with a variety of weight training designed to strengthen specific leg muscles.


Arn Clubine, Michael's Father and an engineer at M/E Engineering

My name is Arn Clubine and I am honored to be riding as a guest of KPMG on this year's Chasing Daylight Tour. My son Michael Clubine is a KPMG employee out of Detroit, and as always, I will be enjoying his company, on the ride, (as long as he is capable of holding my wheel). I am an engineer by vocation, and manage the Mechanical Group of M/E Engineering, in Buffalo N.Y. The longest ride I have taken was a full century, over flat terrain, and about 20 years ago, when I was a much younger man. I have been busy training on my Specialized Roubaix for the last few months, and I cross train by running 5Ks. Regardless, I do not expect the training to be enough and I am sure that the ride will be the most physically challenging thing that I have ever done.

I am surrounded by folks who are cancer survivors, or have family that have lost someone to cancer, and I think what we do for ACS is of utmost importance. I lost a sister to cancer, back when early detection and treatment were not what they are today. We have a wonderful research and treatment facility in Buffalo, called Roswell Park Cancer Institute, which has a worldwide reputation for the level of care that is provided. I have supported Roswell for many years as a rider in their annual fund raiser, "The Ride for Roswell". The Ride for Roswell attracts over 6,000 riders and annually raises in excess of $2,000,000 for cancer research. Those rides are limited to a metric century, so this is a step up. I am really looking forward to meeting the KPMG riders, and exploring what my physical capacities on the
road, really are.

No comments: