Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Alicia Katsur-Returning Veteran

Alicia Katsur is an associate from the Trade and Customs Practice in Long Island on her second tour. Long Island is a long way from Vancouver and shows a great commitment. I have heard Alicia has bought a fancy new road bike this year so she is going to be hard to match pace with. Here's what Alicia had to say about the tour.

I look forward to participating in my second Chasing Daylight Tour. Prior to last years ride, I had regularly mountain biked for close to 15 years and had about a total of 150 miles on a road bike. The thought of the ride was so exciting that I decided to give it a go with only two weeks prior notice. Mountain biking is not proper training for a road ride of this length so I made it through last years ride on mental power. I have spent most of my weekends this summer road riding in the Catskill Mountains and am ready for the ride this year. (My mountain bike is presently collecting dust with only around 7 rides on this year). I’ve completed 3 century rides this summer and organized a two day adventure with some friends that covered 165 miles from NYC to our favorite ski resort, Hunter Mountain located in upstate NY.

I never met Gene O’Kelly but wish I did, his “Chasing Daylight” book is quite an amazing story, I am happy to be contributing to a worthwhile cause such as the ACS in his honor.


1 comment:

Peggy Fura said...

I know you can do it! Have a fun ride. - Peggy